Friday, June 18, 2010
Things I've changed
For me, being a good role model is extremely important. With being a good leader and role model with the young kids, it can change there life by how you interact with them. I was at a pep-rally in Cedar Rapids about a month ago, and when I interacted with the kids, I thought of how important it was to talk to them about good stuff. For example, I would talk to the kids about practicing what they want to achieve and their dreams can come true. I also talked to some of the kids about hard work and how it doesn't come easy. When I was younger, I looked up to athletes so much. I would be disappointed when they would make mistakes. I now understand the pressures and other troubles that college athletes have to struggle through. Part of being an athlete has high responsibilities. We are held to a higher standard than just the average college student. This makes it easy for younger kids to look up to us if we tell them that they should work hard to achieve what they want, or if it is as simple as telling them to be kind to others. I believe that they way to change the next generations, we need to start with the youngest and get them going down the right path. If we can get our children to start working hard and being kind and believing they can achieve, it will help to better further generations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment