"Manifesto"
I didn't connect with this poem that Wendell Berry wrote. I thought it had some very good lines and thoughts to it, but I couldn't for some reason come to grasps with it. His intent was to let people know that it is okay to make mistakes and just live your live happy and don't worry about what others are doing or trying to make you do.
"The Making of a Marginal Farm"
I enjoyed this essay. I was able to connect to this piece of writing extremely better than "Manifesto." I come from a farming background, so I was able to see the farming aspect and how his farm had grown over the years. Our farm was the same way, it started out small and we have made it larger over the years. His description of the land and how it was steep or had pasture on it, gave me a vivid description of what it looked like. This description helped me to be there on his farm in a way. His intent of this piece was to inform readers that it's possible to be well off with such marginal land, and when you replenish the earth, it in return revives and replenishes the human.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment