Sunday, June 27, 2010
Bad Apple
As I mentioned in my previous post, I was in a group with a couple of bad apples. The one kid especially was the worst of them all. The first day we got assigned to the project, he straight up told me that he was lazy and didn't want to do anything. At first things were alright and then his attitude did begin to rub off onto the other group members. It was obvious that they wanted to be lazy just like him, so they decided to just mess around as well. What I did to sort of help the situation was I gave him tasks that I knew that he could do, that were fairly easy, but helped the project along. When dividing up the work, I knew it wouldn't be even for everybody, but if I could just get him to do something productive would help. I also had him help me with what I was doing for the project. This allowed him to get involved and have someone helping him so he didn't feel alone. These strategies seemed to work well, because we were in a group together later in the semester and he worked a lot harder than the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment