Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Sociology and Social Change -- Personal Response
This essay Sociology and Social Change, was a piece that I felt had a lot of good thoughts and ideas in it, but also some bad. When I read this piece, I started off and was agreeing with a lot of the things the authors were trying to say. I feel strongly that one person can make a difference in the world even though they may not think that themselves. It can be as simple as saying "hi" to someone on the street. I thought that the authors made a good point of how that societies are changing over time. If you look back over history so much has happened for example segregation and so on. People need to take time and understand that they are taking part in transforming the next generations society by what they are doing today. Iowa State does a good job of trying to keep things "green" on campus. We try to recycle as much as possible and use as less as possible. There were a couple reasons why I didn't like parts of this essay. I felt that they were constantly trying to get you to spend your money, or do some club and give a few dollars here and there. It seemed too much like an add to me at times. I disagree when the authors say that eating meat is not environmentally friendly. How can they say that? The authors need to get their facts straight in the "Eat Green" section of this essay. This essay did a wonderful job of getting their point across that people can change the world on their own. I thought these were really good thoughts and the world does need to come together as one. The money that could be saved by not fighting and spent on better things would be tremendous. Things can get much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment