Sunday, May 23, 2010

3 50-word "snapshots"


Wyoming: When I was in Wyoming on vacation the sun was shining brightly on the freshly laid snow. That day my brothers and I were snowmobiling and we came upon a huge snow covered mountain. Its size was astounding as it seemed to reach up out of the clouds. A snowmobile attempted to climb the mountain and it appeared as the snowmobile was an ant slowly crawling to the top.

Golfing California:There was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was gleaming as high as can be. As I stood on that recently mowed tee box I looked towards the hole and then on the horizon was the everlasting ocean. It was unlike anything I have ever seen. The slight breeze brought the distinct smell of the ocean over my body. Golfing that day was unbelievable.

Hunting: The small layer of fog covered the tall grass field like a think icing on a cake. I gazed to the east as a small shimmer of light appeared over the horizon. Every breath I took could be seen in front of my chilled face. The day was just beginning for many but I had been sitting there just patiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment